Friday, December 2, 2011

What's the difference between abuse and mistreatment? Where do you draw the line?

I don't mean physical abuse, I mean emotional/mental abuse.





Screaming? Name-calling? Negligence? Disrespect?





Not making the bed in the morning?





What is abusive behavior, and what is just not being a good partner?|||The first four you listed is abuse! Men never think to make a bed. If you feel diminished in any way...that is abuse. Love is not suppose to hurt when it comes to your spouse.|||There is never an excuse for screaming or name calling. "Disrespect" is such a vague term that I'm not even going to address that. But screaming and calling someone names, those are total deal breakers to me.|||if anyone is going to yell at u for something that stupid then u need to pack ur stuff and leave|||That is abuse screaming, name calling exc...try cutting it out on your end and maybe the other person will live by example....:) Not making the bed can be fix just keep enforcing it :)|||abusive behavior and disrespect, etc. all violate my boundaries --- thats my definition. Anything that has an INTENT to make me feel like crap --- is unacceptable. Period.|||Mistreatment is abuse, they are the same thing.


Any screaming or hitting, throwing things, breaking things all goes past the point of normal and is meant to control the other person by fear and intimidation.|||MY HUSBAND IS DOING SAME THINGS TO ME...I THINK I USE TO THIS SHITS....i WILL LEAVE SOMEDAY...ITS PHYSICAL ABUSE...BLOKE HIM.|||Hi! Ya know...they are both the same thing. I lived with my husband for 10 years until I just couldn't take it anymore. and even then I failed to see the abuse. When I filed an order of protection, I had to write down all of the things he had said and did, and I cried, and my mother cried. How could I be so blind for so long?! Maybe write down in a journal the things that you don't think are right, and show them only to your closest friend and ask them for advise. Some men may be open to counseling, but you need to find the strength and the support to stand up for yourself. You should only stand to be treated the way that you truely feel you want to be treated. Hold on to yourself!, and let go of him!|||Abuse diminishes the recipient. I guess you've never been punched in the face by your partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment