Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why people say hawaii so nice, then people complain mistreatment by locals?

I lived in Hawaii for 6 years. People refer to Hawaii as "nice" because it is beautiful to the eye and the climate is great. The native people that serve tourist are very friendly because they are paid to take care of them. But out in town away from the tourist traps, yes the locals are a little on the mean side. They do treat mainlanders like they are invading the islands.|||so its a hoax just to attract money to the island. mean.|||In all the years we lived there we never had problems with locals, whether it was getting our car fixed, buying things, going to an out of the way beach or anything else. We treated them the way we wanted to be treated and got nothing but respect back. This included my going on the bus every morning from Kunia/Waipahu to Waikiki and being the only white girl on it.|||I have lived in Hawaii for %26gt; 30 years %26amp; have not experienced the hostility that some people report. It's not like I live in some haole enclave %26amp; never interact with locals. I work, worship, %26amp; live with locals. I have to believe that a large part of it is the energy that you put out into the world. If you come here believing that you will be treated poorly, maybe you interact with people in a more aggressive way. I honestly don't know why some folks have such a difficult time of it, but I can honestly that has never been my experience.|||i was there with my fiance to plan our wedding in the luau area. we left my purse and beach bag in the car locked, we came back about 1/2 hour later and the rental car was broken into. this was during the day before the luau started. i was so very angry and called the police, when they finally showed up, it seemed like they acted that they couldnt do anything. they took the report, then we had to go back to Chicago the next day, i called a week later and they stated that they could not find the police report. i read them the number from my copy of the report and they said they would contact me. it had been 3 months and still no contact. i really do not know what to make of the incident other than my being stupid in leaving items in my car. we vowed that we would never return back to hawaii ever again. its so sad that such a beuatiful island has that kind of property crime. i advise no one to put any valuables in the car. no one.|||hawaii is a nice place to visit, but scared to live there,,,,dont know if its safe to raise my family there.

No comments:

Post a Comment