Thursday, November 24, 2011

I need help finding information on the mistreatment of women and slaves in civil war time?

I have to do a history project and I want to compare how both women and slaves were treated somewhat alike, but I can't find anything so if you could help me find some sources, that would be awesome|||Women were legally chattel of their husbands or sons or fathers and had almost no rights to own property. This was true in most states north and south, although the New England states were more willing to recognize women's rights because of the Quakers. Many Quaker preachers were women, but mostly married women.





Although a man could not openly sell his daughter like a slave, he could do almost anything else with her short of killing her.|||http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment