Thursday, November 24, 2011

Mistreatment in the workplace. I need all the help I can get?

I have not had a day off in 10 days and have worked 12-16 hours each day. One shift I worked 24 hours straight and returned to work only two short hours later. I am an exempt employee so I am not entitled to overtime. However I feel as if this is abuse and I need to know my rights. I am currently looking for another job but I do not want them to get away with this even after I leave. Please help!|||If you are in the military that may be "normal" ,but, not safe. Is there a "Labor Board " in your State? Yes, what you are describing is against labor laws in Calif. Make sure you have "documentation". It is very important to have written facts in chronological order to present to the Labor Board. Good luck and welcome to the workforce. This is why some employers prefer "undocumented" workers, they are afraid to file a grievance. The least you can expect are back wages and maybe a "fine" levied on your,soon to be "ex" employer.|||Abuse yes. Illegal? no. sorry, but that's the way it is.|||we do have labor laws here in the US. need to contact the employment security commission, and see if they can help.|||This is hard to believe. . .





If you're working shifts, you should be non-exempt and being paid by the hour. I think you have a Dept of Labor complaint right there.





Obviously they need you; why don't you just tell them that you're taking two days off every week, and only work 40 hours/week (or maybe more, but for your health you shouldn't work more than 60 hours/week). Doesn't sound like they can afford to fire you!|||I believe our labor laws indicate that this is illegal. Check into it, please, for your sake as well as your health. Whether you are exempt or not, they still pay you thereby making you an employee (even if you work for a temporary service).|||If you are an exempt employee, then you should have been aware of the demands of the job before you signed on. If you were not aware that these things were going to occur or have the possibility of occuring, then you need to speak with your management to see what can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment